Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

Psychopath 2024 *AD



I was lucky enough to be invited to attend Psycho Path 2024 VIP Event.

Psycho Path is the UK's number 1 immersive scream park located in Durham. Tickets are selling out fast for this years event but if you miss out, Psycho Path will also be back in 2025. With 11 Mazes, over 200+ scare actors, fire and ariel acts, a live bloodlust stage show, games with great bars and food, you don't want to miss this multi award winning scare experience.

Starting from 28th of September right through until October 31st. You an grab left over tickets at the website.

Three new mazes were added this year, including The Dolls House, Vandalise and Mind Control. The mazes from previous years are back! The Hunt, Crawl Space, IScream, Psycho City, Corn-ered has been changed this year into something else but there is also Thunder Dome, Isolation, Cutthroat Island as well as Fear Ground, Anarchy Arcade and the Stage Entertainment.

There is even a new Blood Bath Bar, Wolf Bar which includes a VIP terrace, the stage bar as well as multiple food vendors and photo opportunites.

There was so much to do and we wern't able to see all the attractions in the timeframe we had but what we did see, was fun!

This post is a little photo heavy, so they might take a little while to load. 

HOW OUR NIGHT WENT

We were treated with scares as soon as we walked in by a clown. Just a taster of what would come as soon as we stepped inside the main area. As soon as we walked into the main area we were treated to more scares in the form of a clown and a very tall winged creature following us around. We also saw various photo opportunities including a ball pit and psycho car. 

We decided to get a feel of the area by having a walk through to see all the entrances to the mazes. We first walked past IScream, Mind Control and Psycho City inside the main building but as soon as we stepped outside we were greeted to many food stalls, fire pits to warm up, drink and rest as well as the path to the other mazes. It wasn't as scary during the day but as soon as it turned night, it really felt like a scream park and the scare actors, even though I found it cringe, were amazing and rarely broke character. The Nun was superb and she even crawled across one of the tables to scare us. The pigs from isolation saw I snapped a photo and in that moment I realised I had f--ked up. One of the pigs came running over to me and started to grab my coat and sniff my head. It was terrifing. Every time we walked past Isolation, some one was falling out of the doors and white as a ghost. 

Isolation is exactly what is sounds like, you head into a single room by yourself and the horrors begin. From profanity to having slime thrown at you, I only know snippets of what happens in those rooms from seeing people escape them. I was not about to be humiliated in a dark room so I actually skipped that experience. However the pig men roaming around were quite terrifying anyway.

We made our way to the first maze of the night and one of my favourites which was the new Doll House. This maze was full of creepy dolls and dead ends. There were 10 rooms in this maze and we got so lost we only managed to find a couple of rooms. We were subjected to looking pretty and having make-up slapped on our faces in the Hair and Make-up room which was fun. I asked if the doll had any tea and biscuits before leaving the room to which she told me no but I was impressed and told her dolls come with tea parties. We also found ourselves in the play time room which was full of teddys and dolls as well as the masquerade room, we were handed masks to wear throughout the maze, I wish we had gotten to keep these but we had to give them back before heading out of the Packing Centre. I'm alittle sad we didn't find all the rooms as I was having fun but the maze was exactly what mazes do, confusing.

After grabbing an iced coffee, we ended up going to IScream which was much more fun than I expected. Clowns everywhere. My group were not fond of clowns but we put on our big girl and boy pants and headed on in. The first part of the maze was not scary to me and making my way I could see where the actors needed to pop out and say hello, I even asked loudly if one was missing from a hole I walked past but unknownly I had missed him by a second as I was heading through the maze. This one had a lot of strobe lighting and smoke. There was a whole room where you were literally blind and couldnt see anything from the smoke, luckily we made it out, the last leg of the maze made the group behind us, terrified and ran past us as the sounds of a chainsaw could be heard, I kept my cool but no one else did. I had my eyes closed as well because the strobing was a bit too intense but after we made it out, we had a good laugh. 

Cutthroat Island did not impress me, I was expecting more than just horny pirates. Two of them called me a Cum Bucket. 
I assumed some of the actors were taking breaks or elsewhere in the venue because Captain Jack lookalike was no where to be found on the pirate ship! All the actors kept asking where the gold coins were, like we had a chest full or something. I'm sure there was a storyline, but it fell flat. We even joked if one of them took card and she broke her pirate act by telling us they do. That was funny. We got more scared by the random person coming out at the end that wasn't even part of the attraction.

We chilled in the new Blood Bar which had some fun decor and photo opportunites just before heading to see the vampire show, metal grinding and fire dancing acts on the main stage. The shows were average, nothing I haven't seen before. The vampire show was very short and ended up with them choosing people to smear blood on their foreheads. Again, I think there was a story to it but it got lost.

Various actors walking around the venue included the cheerleader who decided to smack my partner on the head with a redbull when she asked what he was looking at, all in good fun, the can was empty. She sounded like she was trying to be Harley Quinn, her acrobatics were quite fun to see at random times as well as using her real baseball bat to whack various items. There was a small clown who chased people, a beetlejuice getting people to sign their lives away, a character with a baby in the pram that shot "piss" out as well as Art from the Terrifier movies. We got fun photos with him since he was dressed in his Santa outfit. 

We decided we needed a snack and during our snacking time, we got talking to another attendee and we got him to come along with us to our last maze, we could fit into out time frame. We chose Psycho City as our last one, but we must have started too late and most of the actors had gone away for the last show on stage. We were greeted by a little scare at the beginning and had to crawl through a tunnel to get to another room, We were greeted with dead babys in a pram and quickly scoodadled out into the next area which a priest asked us what sins we had. I didn't know what to say so I said sex before marriage. He made me kneel on the floor and repeat after him that I shall not have sex before marriage as another group walked in so we were all in a fit of laughter, after that the maze sort of got boring and ended without anymore scares, we were wondering where the riot police were in the psycho city but were learned quickly that all the actors were at the big finale stage show. Something we did not stick around for as time got away with us and needed to leave.


Would I say the pricey tickets were worth the experience? yes and no. I think if you want to do everything with long queues, you'd need two days for the whole experience, even as a VIP we still didn't manage to fit everything in. It also didn't help that a a couple of mazes were not available and one of them opened late. I can't fault any of the actors, they made the experience and if you love scare parks and horror then you need to experience this at least once. Going with a small group helps alot and make sure you check all the warnings for the mazes and take a lot of money for the vendors as the food is quite pricey. Overall, I had an amazing experience. And I would do it again!


You can find my tiktok about the event here.

Would you experience a horror park?





1 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top