PHOTO DIARY: Day out in Tynemouth


Tynemouth is a coastal town in the North East of England. And every weekend it hosts a market inside the metro station which I haven't been to in quite a while so I thought I'd bring my camera with me and see what the market stalls have to offer. I've been wanting to have a day out for a while now and thought today of all days was the perfect time to visit.

Tynemouth isn't just market stalls and a lovely beach. This little town is packed full of beautiful shops, cafes and resturants. As well as Tynemouth Castle. It's a perfect place for a little family day out.

I used to love walking along the coast line. It's such a lovely view but today is the day we find some bargains and grab a nice cuppa from a local cafe. 

Tynemouth Market which is open every Saturday and Sunday at the Tynemouth Metro Station has a bit of everything on both sides of the metro platforms, from Jewellery to Pet Supplies, Art and Books to homemade baked goods, there is something for everyone. Every couple of months it hosts the book fair where one side of the market place is filled with books. Most of the stalls take cash and card but its always good to bring both for those little and unique bargains you may find.

At one of the entrances to the market station is a cute little book cafe called Jimmy's which I showcased on my book blog. It was a lovely place to visit for a nice cup of coffee and looking through books to buy.


Here are some of my favourite photos I've took while having a walk around. 




















We had a little walk around Tynemouth Coast and just had a relaxing moment watching the waves and getting our steps in while the sun was out on this lovely spring day.





Do you like visiting coastal towns?



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top