PHOTO DIARY | EDINBURGH DAY TRIP | 6-5-23

I got tickets for my partner and his daughter to see Six the Musical in Edinburgh at Christmas but unfortunately I'm not fond of the musical but I decided to come with them to Edinburgh anyway but instead of seeing the musical, I would try and walk around, snapping photos and drinking iced coffees and eating cinnamon buns. 

As we all know by now, I love Edinburgh. I visited twice last year and fell in love with the city but my travel plans never go right.

Let's start with the fact that our train got cancelled on the car ride to the station. I was in such an anxious state, luckily we got told we could just hop on the next train, which we managed to get a seat for as I was not about to stand for two hours. And I also got an email telling me that I was eligible for a refund as my train to Edinburgh was late. It went from anxiety inducing journey to quite a pleasant journey within 30 minutes. 



We didn't really have a plan while we waited for the musical to start. We had two hours to kill and ended up going to Starbucks and eating at the Edinburgh Street Food Market. I opted for a Iced Latte with Oat Milk and watched various cosplayers walk by and get photos of the bat mobile in front of us.



I could have spent a small fortune in ESF but I opted for a chicken bao bun which was delicious. I hadn't previously spent much time on this side of town center so it was quite nice to check out the area and I will defiantly be back for food at ESF next time we visit.

As we were walking around we found out there was a FREE comic con happening in the car park across from us and decided to have a visit. We did think it was quite odd that a random bat mobile and ghost busters car were parked in various areas around St James Quarter shopping district. 

Since it was hosted in a car park, the comic con was huge! So many stalls to look through. There was even a props showcase and a retro gaming area. I even stayed back after my partner and his daughter went off to their musical although I did spent a small fortune buying some Buffy inspired merch at a stall called Moth and Magpie. I always try and snag Buffy items whenever I'm at a comic con.










My haul included a Buffy candle, Buffy Poster, Pedro Pin and Buffy Stickers from Moth and Magpie. Scream Earrings and a Eevee Milkshake Sticker from PunkRockElite. I'm unsure of the stalls I got the pumpkin cat sticker, lucky black cat figure and lucky dip pokemon cards came from. But I'm super happy with everything and the candle is Buffy Summers as smells of Toasted Marshmallow and is divine. 

Since the Comic Con ended at 5pm, I got hungry again and ended up back across the road to the Street Food. Opting for a Chicken Paella and a side salad while reading a book. Again, the food was delicious.



While waiting for our train, everything was closing up so I settled with having tea from costa and reading my book, A Spoonful of Murder by J.M. Hall which is a cozy murder mystery and I just loved chilling in the station until it was time to head home.

Our time in Edinburgh was short but fun! 



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top